Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Fun Fall English Activities

The last two years that we have lived in England I haven't really gotten to experience much of what an English fall has to offer. This is largely in part because the last two years I have gone home Stateside to visit family or I was pregnant/had a young baby to cater too. This year I plan to pack in as many activities as the weather allows, and we kicked it off by going apple picking! England is notorious for amazing fresh fruits and vegetables, and pick your own strawberries/berries are a summertime staple, so apple picking sounded like the next great thing. What makes these apples even more fun is that they are located at Sandringham, which is the Queens winter estate. The apple picking is only available for TWO weeks and it has become a pretty popular activity in the community.
The orchard features "Cox" apples and "Bramley" apples. The Bramley variety are supposed to be amazing for cooking and the Cox variety are more for eating. I found both to be tart but when cooked they both had a great flavor. I spent all day after picking making apple treats! 
When you finish picking apples head over across the road to the Sandringham estate. They have amazing gardens and not to mention one of the Queens historical Royal homes that you can actually go inside. In fact, if you go at Christmas time you can actually see the Royal family as they make their way from the house to their on property church. Also located on the property is Anmer Hall, home of Will and Kate. It isn't opened to the public, but yes they live there! It is a great day out for the family! 

For all the details you would need to visit the Estate and enjoy Apple picking, follow this link:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Toddling Around Europe
Published By Gooyaabi Templates | Powered By Blogger